Pages

Friday 4 September 2015

The Life of a Fashion Intern Pt.2

Hi everyone!

Back again with another post about my fashion internship. As I'm only going in one day a week, I try to cram in as much work as I can, and considering I work at my regular job from 3-5:30, on the same day, its tricky to balance my time. But we're managing for now.

I thought I'd just share a couple highlights from my day and a few things I did. Here we go!


1. I spent at least two hours staring at clothes and lookbooks from the last few seasons putting them in order and range which seemed like it took forever but it didn't.

2. I got to pack clothes and shoes going down south for a show. Had to match photos with garments, in the order they'll go down the runway, with the specific model and shoe options (because their profiles "never have the correct sizes"). I literally sat on the floor staring at a rack of clothes and writing descriptions. It was better than it sounds.

3. They hosted us for a celebratory end of busy fashion week/welcome new person/you've all worked really hard lunch. We had Indian food, people were drinking wine (it was 12:30pm), I ate some really good butter chicken, cucumber raita and naan, and there was a cute thank you speech. But my boss ate turkish food because she "doesn't like spice".

4. I got personally thanked by the designer herself today as she was leaving for the afternoon. I think I said something lame like "you're welcome". I try to act cool calm and collected, but I guess speaking is still not a strong point when it comes to conversing with important people in the fashion industry. I'll work on it.

  
So that was a little insight into my day. Lets see if I can come up with something better for next week!


Elise xo

No comments:

Post a Comment