Pages

Tuesday 9 September 2014

How To Style: Black Leather Jackets

A good leather jacket should be a wardrobe staple. It definitely is in mine! Its the perfect piece to add a little edge to any outfit. Here are a few of my favorite ways of styling them.


The classic stripe. 
I love layering a leather jacket over a good Breton striped t-shirt or sweater. Paired with some jeans and converse, this is one of my go-to casual outfits for a weekend lunch with friends.


Edgy Bohemian.
I love wearing maxi skirts, they are like harem pants, but more free-ing. I especially love making this girly silhouette more tough and by adding a leather jacket, black booties, and a studded handbag, this is a great fall outfit which looks put together, but still comfortable.
Check out my How to Style: Maxi Skirts post here


Black and White Simplicity.
I love Ashley Olsen in this simple white dress, black leather jacket and black peep toes. Great evening outfit with a gold cuff, perfect for a dinner date. Still dressy, but toned down with the pushed-up sleeves on the jacket.

These are just a couple of ways I like to style leather jackets (real or faux) for various occasions ranging from dressy to casual. Hope you've gotten a little inspiration on how to style this must-have wardrobe staple!

Elise xo


.


No comments:

Post a Comment